Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Overcoming Temptations and Visiting the Farmers Market

8.11.11
I've had dreams of eating chocolate chip cookies, pancakes, and chocolate ice cream. All dreams were independent from each other. I could actually see, smell, and, taste all of the desserts in my subconscious state. Even in my dreams though I knew that deep down inside, I didn't want to be eating those things, and even though I was sleeping, I felt myself thinking "why am I doing this to myself." My dreams have given me motivation in my waking life, but I still experience sugar cravings, for candy and baked goods. Especially chocolate anythings...

8.13.11
Downtown Portland
I busk for a moment. I go to a park full of families. Little beings running around like crazy through huge blasts of water that fountain out through concrete in the middle of the park. I pick a spot to sit, open my guitar case, and pull out my lovely beater. I warm up by strumming different rhythm patterns. Eventually I remember that I am there to share a vibe, a mood, and a message, so I begin to play and sing my song "Maybe."

Parents bring their toddlers over to me to dance. I sing to them and enchant myself in their inspiration. As I intend to inspire them, I am inspired by their innocence, and by Source. The children are the ones who drop money into my case.

Next stop through my day.

Aia treats me to my FIRST raw food meal at a yoga/massage parlor/cafe on 9th and Davis. I have the "Feisty Tostada." It is the most delicious meal. It is sooooo good. The taste of everything is phenomenal and I even buy some raw pizza crackers by the company "Living Spoonfuls"  to take with me. I am so happy about how satisfying and fulfilling it is.

7.13.11
Today I went with the group of people that I am Couch Surfing with to the Beaverton Farmers Market. I felt like a kid in a candy store. It was hard not to buy food from the very first place that I saw. Aia encouraged me to look around first, which was very exciting. There were lots of booths with cooked pieces of heaven. Crepes, fallafle, breakfast sandwhices, tacos, burritos, and omletes, so many beautiful smells mixed in the air.
I went to the farmers market HUNGRY so I bought a raw corn on the cob, and ate it as we walked through the booths of raw and cooked options.

We soon spotted a both with Vietnamese spring rolls with peanut sauce, one of my old favorites. Aia got an order... and I had a bite of hers... I was still hungry after the corn and the taste of her spring rolls, so I bought a pint of strawberries to finish off my hunger.

My house mates of this particular stop are young travelers. They're all fun and nice and generally good peeps. They have been baking cookies, and other sweet treats that are hard to resist. I sweeten my palate instead with herbal tea and honey or fruit. I've been craving chocolate lately which make the chocolate chip cookies available to me stand out more, but I'm happy to wait for yummy raw desserts, and munch on natures candy (fruit) until then.

8.14.11
I've had lots of cravings lately. I'm still about 80% raw. I ran out of fruit for breakfast for two days because I only got veggies at the farmers market. I could appreciate what a wonderful breakfast fruit makes even more when I didn't have any. I mostly began eating salads for the first meal of my day for those two days, since I didn't know what else to do to stay raw. My couch surfing experience was excellent the last couple of days however I do feel that I have recently eaten too many wheat crackers, and have experienced lots to temptation.

I honestly don't know why I "trip" when I taste cooked foods. Maybe it is because somehow I feel heavier, more bogged down, but I still find myself trying cooked foods for their taste and even culture. Ethnic foods have always been my favorite and what I have been sampling lately. My CS house mates made an Indonesian dish that I sampled, and it was really tasty. When I say sample I literally mean one bite, so why do I trip out?

I have to refocus my entire view of doing what my body wants. If I want to sample I should follow my desire while following my body's wisdom. I obviously would have been munching on yummy cookies if I didn't care about my body's true guidance.

Like I've said, I still eat a very high percentage raw, and always follow my true hearts desire. I should be more proud of myself, continue to be gentle with myself, and continue to encourage myself. Over all I really am enjoying myself on this journey into the raw, and the raw foods I eat are authentically delicious.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous blog! Thank you for sharing! I especially love your piece about playing for the kids and them inspiring You. ...and thanks for including pics of your meal at the raw foods yoga place. How much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete