Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bypassing Social Distractions & Experimenting with Food.

8.4.11
I've been inclined to do another 24 hour water fast. I'm just listening to the guidance of my body. Most fasts in history were always conducted intuitively by simply listening to the body's needs. I am enjoying eating mostly raw. I feel my health is still increasing and I'm happy to let go of more toxins during this water fast. I've had cravings for brownies, cookies, cake, and ice cream. All of the sugary addictions I would rather not put my body through anymore. As an alternative, I've been wanting some yummy raw desserts. Cacao is supposed to be really good for us as it is high in many minerals when it is not processed like normal chocolate bars are. It is just a matter of attracting it. I watched "The Secret" again yesterday to get back in touch with my deliberate creation foundation.

8.5.11
Man... I ate beans. Just a little bit, but I'm trying not to kick my ass about it. Especially because I just did a 24 hour water fast yesterday. The water fast felt really good, and is getting easier each time I do it. I'm thinking that I will incorporate regular 24 hour water fasts into my life for awhile. Some people water fast once a week but, once every two weeks or so feels good to me. But today the fast probably went down the drain. Who knows? I really am craving cooked foods, but I am stronger than my cravings and my desire to live healthy and whole is A LOT stronger.

I think I need more iron in my diet. I haven't had any Spirulina since I started even though that was part of my plan. I know Cacao has lots of iron, not to mention it's yummy but I have to work on my attracting power to get some funds for all this yummy food. Not only that but I feel that I am reaching a hurdle that I must overcome. I KNOW I could do this raw food transition alone if I had to but I'd like some help. Maybe a raw food coach? I am also ready to try some yummy raw food main dishes. I've seen recipes for everything from burgers, to crackers, to desserts. Yeah... You need food processors, dehydrators, a juicer would come in handy for a raw foodie, and lots of nuts and seeds. I've mostly been eating whole fruits and veggies (salads) and raw sunflower seeds because they're cheap.

But I'm not going to let money or lack stand in my way. Where there is a will there is a way and even though I ate beans today, I'm going to keep encouraging myself to eat raw for vitality. I still ate tons of raw food today and I feel that my intake was about 80% raw because of the roasted nuts and seeds I've had. I'm still doing well, and I know that I can attract what I need and increase my motivation to get me though these cooked food cravings.

8.9.11
I got over the cooked food cravings pretty quick. I've realized over the last few days that no matter how delicious cooked foods taste when I eat them, my body can tell a major difference in digestion, and over all health.

I had an egg as an experiment a day after the beans. It was my mind telling me that I needed iron and other nutrients that I've been taught that eggs have. The egg tasted good, but I felt tired after eating it, and I even felt a little depressed if that makes sense. I can't tell if it was the chemical reactions that made me feel depressed or the fact that I know deep inside that I just want raw foods. I couldn't tell. The other reason why I had the egg is because I know of people that eat mostly raw, but still enjoy cooked foods. I wanted to explore my options.

Over the next day or so I tried to eat some bread but it wasn't appetizing at all. Even though it looked and smelt delicious I could only manage to eat one small bite because I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I ended up feeding the rest of the slice of bread to the Ducks at a very near by pond.

I am traveling at the moment. Couch surfing to be specific and the hosts I am staying with cooked a very delicious looking and tasting (yes I tried some) quiche. Like I said before it was delicious tasting but that soon faded as my stomach began to hurt with indigestion, and I felt that it took me at least 2 hours (if not longer) to digest it fully. Since I've been eating raw digesting hasn't even been an issue. I eat and I move on with my day with more energy and even delight.

Since I've been experimenting with cooked foods, but never eating below what feels like 80% raw, I've learned what veggies have the Iron and other nutrients I've been feeling like I need. They aren't super expensive veggies either. Kale is a great source of nutrition I've learned and it's normally not much more expensive than a head of romaine lettuce. I've become even more delighted with the taste of veggies than I ever thought I could. I remember the first couple of days eating raw, my salads tasted bland, like crunchy water almost, but now I can taste the deliciousness of different veggies, and fruits. Yesterday I had a "purple salad" of red cabbage and purple onion. I had to get rid of those two items before they went bad, and it was sooooo delicious.

I've been learning from my couch surfing hosts of local and cheap produce. They took Aia and I to a nursery, a field of many different berries that you pick yourself. Because they are "U Pick" berries, they are only $1.50/lb for ANY type of berry that you want. That is MUCH more affordable than the stores sell them for, there are more varieties, and since they're right off the vine, they are packed with life energy. They are organic, and it's much funner than just picking up a package of berries from the store! The nursery also has veggies that are "U Pick" but they weren't ripe yet. We left with berries that will provide giant energy packed smoothies, and snacks for at least two weeks, and only spent $7.00. They also had raw honey that I had to get which is also way cheaper than you would find at a grocery store.

Today I had my first raw corn on the cob. It was cold which was odd because I'm so used to eating corn warm, but it was creamy tasting and over all it was delicious. Even though I'm going through this transition while also experiencing "life on the road" it's beginning to be easier than I ever thought possible, especially with help from the locals pointing me towards local farms. Not only am I eating healthy, but I am eating local. That makes the earth lover in me extra proud and delighted with my choice of eating raw.

I continue to be patient with my body through this transition, and since every form of healing has it's place, when I need to, and my body isn't responding to pressure points, or other tricks I've learned, I will puff on my inhaler to allow it to assist me. However, I always sit down and allow myself to calm down and release any old emotions that want to come out. I know that I am closer than ever to becoming medicine free again, and now that I am conscious of the emotional root of my discomforts, I continue to take responsibility for allowing myself to let go of emotional dis-ease without 'distraction' or distress of toxifying my body with medicine. Self encouragement is a lot more valuable than distress so I will continue to be gentle and good to myself as my transition continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment